Provide your services for the 2021 NYC Elections......
We are looking for bilingual speakers in New York City
As thebigword prepares for the upcoming elections in New York City, we would like to invite bilingual speakers who may be interested in providing additional support at a number of Boroughs in the City to register their interest.
As a bilingual speaker you will be providing support and assistance to non-English speakers as they vote at one or more polling places around the City.
- Be available for the full duration on Election Day (5:00am-10:00pm) and Early Voting days.
- As an Interpreter, your role will include answering voters' questions, verbally translating the English ballot and interpreting between poll workers and voters.
- You will also be helping to set up your site and the roll includes administration duties
- This is a nonpartisan role
- Be legally authorized to work in the US.
- Have excellent communication skills.
- Be able to help set up and break down the site
- Be able to help with administrative tasks
- Be required to undergo training
- Understand that this is a nonpartisan role
- Chinese (including Mandarin, Min Nan, Cantonese)
- Haitian Creole
This is an exciting opportunity to give back to your community in a civic setting and earn $20 per hour.
If you would like to register your interest, please complete the form on this page.