Are you a looking to start an exciting career as a freelance interpreter?
Looking for an irresistible opportunity with an experienced, innovative and supportive Language Service Provider?
With over 30 years of experience and offices worldwide, thebigword provides secure, user-friendly technology and services that simplify the communication process for over 2,500 public and private sector clients.
Handling up to 50,000 worldwide assignments every day, we provide the best translation, interpretation, localisation and language technology solutions for businesses, the public sector and individuals – empowering our customers to communicate clearly with speakers of all languages.
Our key opportunities
Public Sector Interpreters: We have a vast number of requirements across the country for freelance interpreters. Perhaps you are new to interpreting and want to begin your career? This could be a perfect opportunity for you!
Here are some of the benefits of providing your services as a freelance Interpreter with thebigword:
- Hours to suit you, day, evening, and weekends
- Assignments in the health/local government/legal sectors
- Be part of a friendly multinational community of freelance linguists
- Competitive rates and travel policy package
We have key requirements in the below locations for the following languages, from English into
|Location||List of languages per location|
|Gateshead||Tamil, Romanian, Spanish, Hungarian|
|London||Amharic, Vietnamese, Bengali (Sylheti)|
|Plymouth||Portuguese, Czech, Bengali|
|South Tees||Slovak, Mandarin|
What are our key requirements
- Some Interpreting experience (voluntary accepted)
- Willing to undergo a short language assessment (if you do not hold an interpreting qualification)
- Proficient in the English Language
- UK Based
- Willing to obtain an Enhanced DBS Certificate
If you would like to register your interest for the requirements we have, please complete the form on this page with:
- Your CV
- Agree to our T&Cs
We will require you to upload an up-to-date version of your CV to be considered, those not uploading a CV for review will not be prioritised.
We look forward to hearing from you!